The Stamp PLC (Program Logic Controller) is sized for automating small machines. Specified by Parallax and designed by Lawicel HB of Sweden, this product represents our combined expertise to answer to a frequent request from our customers. A 24-pin BASIC Stamp module or Javelin Stamp module is required and sold separately.
PLCs are microcontrollers that are packaged to withstand the hazards of an industrial environment. Stamp PLC inputs and outputs are optically isolated, fully protected, and the electronics are electrically tough and rather immune to noise typically present in industrial environments. Stamp PLC is housed by a strong and sleek enclosure that offers an integral DIN rail mount. Unlike other PLC's which may have proprietary code, you may create the code for your Stamp PLC and customize it to fit your needs. This non-restrictive power will allow you to design and modify your systems much faster. Here are the technical features:
- Complete Javelin and BASIC Stamp code support
- Safe 24V industrial control in a DIN rail package
- 10 digital inputs; 8 digital outputs; 4 analog inputs provides control flexibility
- 10 Digital Inputs. Eight of these inputs are grouped together using an on-board shift register. BASIC Stamp modules and the Javelin Stamp module have built-in commands to read these with ease. The remaining two inputs are read directly by the Stamp. All inputs are optically isolated.
- 8 Digital Outputs are optically isolated, electrically and thermally protected.
- 4 Analog Inputs. Installing the optional Maxim 1270 12-bit A/D converter adds four analog input channels. Each channel can be independently configured as 4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, -/+ 5 VDC, -/+ 10 VDC.
- Front Panel LEDs indicate the status of all ten inputs and all eight outputs via a light-pipe array.
- Heavy-duty power supply has built-in noise protection.
- RS-232 Serial Port Once programming is completed, the on-board serial port can be used to send and received data at any baud rate between 300-50K Baud.
- 24-pin socket accommodates any 24-pin BASIC Stamp module or Javelin Stamp module. This means that this PLC can do virtually anything that your chosen Stamp can perform. Logic functions, numerical computation, conditional branching, even non-volatile memory for data-logging.
- Product includes jumpers for A/D converter, serial cable. Power supply and A/D converter sold separately
Stamp PLC Manual (.pdf)
Source Code for BASIC Stamp modules and Javelin Stamp modules (.zip)
Stamp PLC Core Routines and Framework for Apps (.zip)